Monday, November 2, 2009

Faith

Faith and what it means to me now







I’m the girl that went to a Catholic school, went to mass twice a week, ever since I was little I remember thinking very logically and the bible they were teaching I had doubts about. For a long time I had lost my faith, yes I was a Christian, was it a big part of my life? Not really. I had a lot of questions, and doubts, and I didn’t feel it was my place to “praise” God in that frame of mind.






When little man was born, and the two month stay in the NICU my thoughts about God changed dramatically. The first 72 hours I prayed and prayed and then prayed some more. I still had questions, but my faith was slowly blossoming. Now, four children later my Faith is stronger. My children pray, as do I. I pray for people I don’t even know.






I had a period of my life that wasn’t so great; I had a lot of problems. I was demonized with all of the medication I was on. Now looking back, I realize that I’m a stronger person now because of that.






Then God sent me my husband and my beautiful children, and I was thinking to myself, yes this is what I’m supposed to be. I was supposed to be a wife and a mother, and spread his word through my children.






We have been through the best, the bad, and the worst. We struggle just as much as everyone else and I believe that because of my Faith it has made things easier to bear. So we have finally started to attend church, when I walked into the church and sat down and started listening, I felt every emotion I have been feeling for years completely life off my shoulders. Like God was saying..Here I’ll help carry the burden for you. It was an amazing feeling.






I just wanted to thank everyone for your prayers, and your kindness. It really does mean a lot to my family. Thank you for taking time out of your lives to read my blog and to learn more about our growing family.






Always remember, The grass is always greener on the other side.
 



                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment