Monday, October 26, 2009

Flying with the planes.

I sincerely apologize for not posting in for what seems like forever, well for me anyways. My blog is my therapy, and all of your wonderful comments help me get through my day.



Meredith’s first day of kindergarten went very well; we said our morning prayers and then got down to our school work. I’m also doing some work with our 3 year old and our 2 year old all at the same time. It was interesting to say the least, but they all seemed to grasp what I was teaching. Time will only tell. We had a very special day out today, just with the two oldest. My husband had a VA appointment to be checked up on in Dayton Ohio. So, we decided to take our 2 airplane fanatics, and yes they are girls, to the National Museum of the Air Force. It was awesome and the girls really enjoyed it. I tried to take as many pictures as I could. I will share them at the end of the blog.


Also another exciting and very unordinary thing happened today. The nice officer that was on the scene before the paramedics when our daughter stopped breathing came to visit us today. He told us everyone in the squad was wondering how she was doing, so he decided to come see her. He commented on how big she’s gotten and how healthy she looks. It was so nice to have him come into our home, and it was nice to have someone tell us that we did a good job. I know we did but sometimes we feel we could’ve done something to prevent it. Knowing now what I know, I would recommend everyone to take CPR classes at least once. It doesn’t hurt to do it, it’s a 2 hour course and it may save your child’s life if you ever have to use it. And we are a prime example that it CAN happen.


My husband was kind enough to get me the wii fit that I’ve been asking for. I tried it today and MAN am I sore. I knew I was out of shape, but it said my age is 28! Well, that’s not as bad as my husband. It said his age is 48, 20 years over his actual age. Yes, we love our wii and I would recommend that too, our children play it, and eventually our disabled son will be playing it too. It’s awesome therapy. I tried the hula-hoop and wow; I hurt in places I didn’t know could hurt. Hopefully I will be motivated enough to do the exercises every morning..Hopefully.


I don’t much feel like walking to the van to get my camera, so I will post the pictures tomorrow morning ASAP. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I hope the kindergarten sessions turn out to be very rewarding!

    And your are right, blogs are therapies! :)

    ReplyDelete